Your Six Summer Essentials…
1. A Floppy Hat – This scarf cloche hat £20 from Monsoon is perfect for covering up your face in the sun and your sun lounger hair!
2. A Bag to fit all your essentials in – This Brigette Satchel Bag £77 from French Connection screams summer cruises around the med!
3. Some light summer Wedges – Because you can last longer in them than stilettos and they look much more chic in the warmer weather, (They also make your legs look thinner because of their chunkiness! Result!) Giggles Wedges, Dune – £85.
4. A Blouse – The slouchy blouse look with tight trousers or jungle shorts is a summer staple. This Miso Double Button Blouse from Republic, £26.99, is ideal for warm days and cool evening dressed up or down or thrown over a bikini.
5. A Maxi Dress – The best thing about maxi dresses are they cover a multitude of sins if you chose the right style and fabric, pair it with a top and a belt and it can pass as a skirt too! Tribal print maxi dress £55 M&Co.
6. Shorts have made a come back again this Summer – These paperbag waist tie belt shorts £32 from Jane Norman are so on trend with the waist detailing and safari colour.
Get back to basics with FCUK.
Work or weekend wear doesn’t have to be boring. If you’re stuck for ideas, use basics such as black tees or grey cardigans as the basis for your outfit…then go wild!!
The nicest outfits consist of basic fashion pieces and they are forever timeless. You’ve seen the celebs wear the most boring outfits of jeans and plain t-shirts then add a spectacular piece and all of a sudden the outfit is transformed. Funk your basics up with sunglasses, leopard print trousers, platforms, silk scarves, handbags, accessories…Anything in trend will instantly give you an updated look even though your basics are years old!
I have truly fallen in love with this coat! It’s so ladylike and feminine yet so powerful the way its draped over her shoulders. The contrast with the black tights that run seamlessly into the shoes plays on the crisp cream coat and makes it even more striking. FCUK Say about their AW10 collection, “The woman takes inspiration from birds – feathers, wings and nice floaty pieces that make her feel free. The woman likes detail; those special little touches that make her clothes feel unique; bows, sequins, drapes, frills and luxurious buttons, she likes buttons.” LLLB