3 Trends I’m Loving This Summer…
And think you should too!
They are so laid back and casually stylish which makes them incredibly difficult to get wrong!
Shirts from M&S, Jane Norman, Mint Velvet, La Redoute
Whenever I buy new trends I tend to neglect my bottom half, instead opting for the basics like jeans, skirts or chinos – these patterned shorts can go with my basic wear this summer and incorporate the trend in a new way than before – great for festivals too!
Shorts both from Yogoego
What would we do without them in the summer sun?!
Sunglasses from Internacional, Primark, Accessorize, Jacamo SS11 menswear
Your Six Summer Essentials…
1. A Floppy Hat – This scarf cloche hat £20 from Monsoon is perfect for covering up your face in the sun and your sun lounger hair!
2. A Bag to fit all your essentials in – This Brigette Satchel Bag £77 from French Connection screams summer cruises around the med!
3. Some light summer Wedges – Because you can last longer in them than stilettos and they look much more chic in the warmer weather, (They also make your legs look thinner because of their chunkiness! Result!) Giggles Wedges, Dune – £85.
4. A Blouse – The slouchy blouse look with tight trousers or jungle shorts is a summer staple. This Miso Double Button Blouse from Republic, £26.99, is ideal for warm days and cool evening dressed up or down or thrown over a bikini.
5. A Maxi Dress – The best thing about maxi dresses are they cover a multitude of sins if you chose the right style and fabric, pair it with a top and a belt and it can pass as a skirt too! Tribal print maxi dress £55 M&Co.
6. Shorts have made a come back again this Summer – These paperbag waist tie belt shorts £32 from Jane Norman are so on trend with the waist detailing and safari colour.
Short shorts in the midst of a cold spell?!
Shorts aren’t for everyone and certainly not for me! However add brown tights and a slouchy cable knit jumper to cover the back a bit and your weekend outfit is sorted until the weather warms up! LLLB